My secret brownie recipe (vegan option available too!!) is about to become… Well, not so damn secret I guess?! If you don’t like deliciously, gooey, chocolatey goodness… That’s LITERALLY good for you, then I suggest you… See someone, because I am slightly confused!
This recipe is such a huge hit within my household, and everyone that knows me!! I make it practically every weekend, every party, every gathering. It’s so easy to make and the fact that it is healthy and totally MTAM approved (yes for my JP clients too!!), it’s the perfect sweet tooth craving without ruining our summer bod progress!
So for the first time ever, I am sharing to the world, my healthy brownie recipe! I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think of it in the comments and most importantly, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends! They will definitely appreciate this one.
- 1 cup of coconut sugar (you can use other sugars, but that will defeat the object of it being healthy)
- 2 eggs (or 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoon water for the vegan alternative)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (I have tried both almond and rice flour also and still came out pretty good)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 190.
- In a bowl beat together the sugar, eggs (or substitute) and vanilla.
- Add in the melted butter and stir.
- Add the flour, cacao, baking powder and salt, this time stir slowly until combined.
- Pour into a greased pan and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the brownies at least 15 minutes or until cool to cook and serve.
These brownies should last at least a week. Be sure to store them at room temperature and in a dry place, well covered. You could also go absolutely crazy and add the healthy fudge recipe on top to create an epic fudge brownie hybrid!!